Monday 10 May 2010

Overprint Sample Postcards Tests




The last few days I've spent doing a lot of testing with processes and materials to get the best finished on my overprint sample postcards. At the minute I am focussing on the flueroscent colours and metallic foils as I think these will be the hardest to get right. The biggest problem I am having at the minute is with the foil. I am trying to get the best possible finish by hand screening printing on the glue and then heat pressing foil but I am struggling to get the quality of finish that I really require.

I've learnt so far that more glue definately isnt the answer as it tends to cause more foil to stick in unwanted areas and blurry edges, also I know I need to do the foiling last and foil sticks to already printed ink when hear pressed on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment