Friday 4 June 2010

More Overprint Postcard Testing




I feel like after about a hundred screen printing tests I'm finally finding the best methods and materials to showcase the different printing processes on the set of postcards to come in the Overprint mailer. I have stopped using an ink for the spot varnish postcard as I feel that the colour detracts from the varnish and now I am instead doing a 'blind' varnish with nothing underneath which really makes a feature of the varnish. I am also using a full gold metallic ink instead of a matt foil now, I think it looks a lot more impressive and completely decadent which will appeal well to the upper market clients. I also now think that the metallic strip in between two fluorescent colours is working really well the two materials are complimenting each other and making a feature out of both processes.

No comments:

Post a Comment